Enrollment in the first-year program is open to all students holding a high school diploma or equivalent and who have the passion, commitment, and desire for the work. An audition and interview with the Managing Artistic Director or a faculty member is necessary before you can be accepted into the program.
Up to twenty (20) students will be admitted into the first year program. Students who successfully complete the first year program in good academic standing and receive positive evaluations from their core teachers will audition for the second year program.
1. Complete the application form or apply online. This includes a $40 application fee (waived if you were interviewed at URTA).
2. Provide two letters of recommendation that speak to your desire, professionalism, and prospects for success in a rigorous conservatory program.
3. Submit a personal essay (1-2 pages) discussing goals and objectives.
4. Provide official transcripts from last school attended.
5. Submit an acting resume and headshot*.
6. Complete an interview with senior faculty member of TAC. Schedule your interview / audition here.
You may email all documents to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Documents may also be mailed to:
The Actors Conservatory
128 NW 11th Ave.
Portland, OR 97209
Upon receipt of the above materials and completion of the interview, the Office of the Registrar will notify you of the selection decision regarding your application. The Registrar will be in contact throughout the application processing as admission selections are made.
* Headshots are not required but recommended.