ABOUT PORTLAND ACTORS CONSERVATORY
1436 SW Montgomery Street
Portland, Oregon 97201-2557
Contact a staff member
Beth Harper, Founder Producing Artistic Director
Samson Syharath, Office Manager & Registrar
Loren Johnson, Business Manager
Manazza Kayani, Financial Aid and Compliance Officer
The Conservatory's historic Firehouse Theatre is located just above Portland's city center at the foot of the Goose Hollow neighborhood near downtown. Built in 1906, our two-story brick building was an active fire station until 1964. The Firehouse was subsequently converted by the City's Parks and Recreation Bureau to the Dance and Drama Center in 1966. The building served this capacity, under the direction of artistic director Florine Weiss, until Portland Actors Conservatory took up residence in 1991. The extreme upstage wall of the theatre still retains the original architecture and functionality of the Firehouse doors.
PAC'S MISSION STATEMENT
To provide comprehensive and rigorous actor training by engaging the mind, heart and spirit of the artist while cultivating a culture to inspire our students and global audience to make a lifelong commitment to and investment in the living arts.